I’ve been on a health kick lately. Nothing drastic, but just trying to eat clean and eat fresh as much as possible. This is something I drink every other day, so I thought I should share the recipe here! Although its not really much of a recipe – just throwing things together and blitzing them for a super yummy (and healthy) result 😀
ABC (Apple, beet and carrot) juice is chock full of essential vitamins and minerals that the human body needs in order to replenish itself and grow. It’s a heady mix of vitamins and minerals that can improve your overall health and wellbeing. This drink boosts your overall immunity, purifies your blood, and also gives you a healthy glow when you drink it regularly. Utterly easy to make, tastes divine, and also superb for your body – try it now!
- 1 Apple, cored and cut into chunks (peeling optional)
- 1 Beetroot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- a pinch of salt ( I use rock salt/sendha namak/indhu uppu as its healthier)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- Wash the fruit and veg well under running water.
- Peel the carrot and beetroot. Core the apple. Peeling the apple is optional; my apples were organic, so chose not to peel them.
- Cut up the beet, carrot and apple into medium sized chunks
- Add them to a juicer/blender and blend nicely, adding water in instalments.
- Pass the pulp through a strainer to collect all the juice.
- Add the pepper, salt and chaat masala to this and mix well.
- Squeeze lime juice over it and serve chilled.
DO NOT THROW AWAY THE PULP!
It is chock full of fibre and nutrients. I made fantastic masala chapatis with it. 😀
Recipe soon! 🙂
TIPS & TWEAKS
- Wash the veggies and fruits well. These days there are too many pesticides. SMH.
- There is absolutely no need to add any sugar or honey to this juice. Both the veggies are naturally sweet, and so is the apple 🙂
- Reserve the pulp. In fact, there is no need to strain this juice if you prefer to drink this juice thick, like a smoothie. In that case, this makes for a great breakfast drink. It will keep you full for at least 2-2.5 hours.