This sandwich is very easily put together and makes a scrumptious meal by itself or with some salad on the side. I had this for breakfast with a side of ketchup and found it to be quite filling . In fact, since I used some homemade, medium-spicy Tomato Chutney in the sandwich, the filling was so saucy and yummy on its own that I felt the accompaniment of ketchup was not required at all. This took me about 15 minutes overall to put together. You must try this because the crispy, sweet corn is such an amazing pairing with the mayo, tomato chutney and the spices – the sauce just melts away in your mouth! Ingredients:
- Fresh White/Brown Bread
- Butter/Oil to fry
For the Filling:
- Fresh Sweet corn – ½ cup
- Mayo – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry powder – ¼ tsp
- Oregano – ½ tsp (I used oregano flakes with garlic)
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomato chutney – 2 tsp (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more or less of anything per your palate.
- Now spread two tsp of this mixture evenly on one side of bread.
- Spread the tomato chutney on the other slice of bread.
- Bring the two together to make a sandwich.
- Toast the sandwich with some oil/butter on a hot griddle pan or tawa until golden brown. Flip to the other side and repeat until golden.
Enjoy your saucy, scrumptious sandwich ! 😀