I was toying with a lot of sweets recipes and couldn’t decide which one to use to kickstart the dessert section of this blog. However, one fine day, I was looking for a no bake cheesecake recipe, and I chanced upon this amazing website called Averie cooks . This website is a treasure trove of sweet stuff – and there’s a considerable collection of eggless sweets as well. I was hooked ! Many minutes and a detailed search later, I decided to try this recipe for these drool-worthy Oreo fudge bars 🙂
This has to be one of the easiest and yummiest fudge bars ever. It also is no-bake and eggless, which is an added bonus! Each bite gives you gooey white chocolate, vanilla and delicious Oreo bits – what’s not to love? 🙂
Recipe adapted from White Chocolate Cookies & Cream fudge from Averie Cooks
1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
1/2 a can of condensed milk
1/2 a tsp of vanilla essence or extract
1 1/2 packet of Oreos biscuits (I used the vanilla cream filled ones)
- Roughly chop up the white chocolate into small bits.
- Crush the Oreos using your hands, or you can put the Oreos into a Ziploc bag and crush . Make sure the mixture is chunky and not a fine powder; the Oreo chunks add a beautiful texture and taste to the fudge.
- Transfer the white chocolate to a wide bottomed pan on medium-low flame.
- Pour the condensed milk into the pan.
- Stir nicely until the chocolate is melted and incorporated into the condensed milk.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir nicely to mix.
- Add the crushed Oreos and mix. Immediately transfer this to a tray and let it cool for 10 mins.
- Put the tray in the refrigerator and let it set for 2 hours.
- Once set, remove from fridge and cut into bite-sized squares.
TIPS & TWEAKS:
- There is enough sugar in the chocolate and condensed milk as it is. No extra sugar is required.
- The condensed milk might overpower the flavour of white chocolate, so it is better to add it sparingly.
- The Oreos can be used with their cream filling – using chocolate Oreos (like Averie has) would add milk chocolate to the equation and cut the sweetness of condensed milk.
- Always store in refrigerator in an airtight container. This bar will keep for upto two weeks, maybe more.
- Wait for the fudge to reach room temperature before attempting to cut – my bars are a little irregular looking since I couldn’t wait and cut them when cold 😀 (this is because the Oreo pieces tend to harden and the fudge is gooey. You wont get nice square pieces, but the taste remains as heavenly as ever..that was ok with me!)
Try these absolutely easy and yummy squares of gooey goodness – and let me know how it went!!! 🙂